Since my fiancé’s good friend is down in KL, we’ve been spending almost every night out eating, drinking and be merry. A couple of days ago, we stopped by George & The Dragon and I helped myself with a cup of eggless-Eggnog. How did it tasted?
I also get to bring the mug home! ^_^
So for this Christmas, I think I’d make some Eggnog for my family. Forget gifts like indoor tanning lotions, Eggnog is the best!
Traditional Eggnog Recipe
12 eggs, separated
6 cups milk
2 cups heavy/ thickened cream
2 cups bourbon
1+ 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup brandy
2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
1. In a large bowl and using a mixer, beat the egg yolks together with the sugar for approx 10 minutes (you want the mixture to be firm and the colour of butter).
2. Very slowly, add in the bourbon and brandy – just a little at a time.
3. When bourbon and brandy have been added, allow the mixture to cool in the fridge (for up to 6 hours, depending on how long before your party you’re making the eggnog).
4. 30 minutes before your guests arrive, stir the milk into the chilled yolk mixture.
5. Stir in 1+ 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg.
6. In a separate bowl, beat the cream with a mixer on high speed until the cream forms stiff peaks.
7. In yet another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
8. Gently fold the egg white mixture into the egg yolk mixture.
9. Gently fold the cream into the egg mixture.
10. After ladling into cups, garnish with the remainder of the ground nutmeg.