21st Jan 2010
16th Jan 2010
• If you eat something and no one sees you eat it, it has no calories.
• If you drink a diet soda with a candy bar, the calories in the candy bar are cancelled out by the diet soda.
• When you eat with someone else, calories don’t count if you don’t eat more than they do.
• Food used for medicinal purposes NEVER count, such as hot chocolate, brandy, toast and Sara Lee Cheesecake.
• If you fatten up everyone else around you, then you look thinner.
• If everything else fails, there’s always the phentermine.
13th Oct 2009
I found a very interesting tip today:
HONEY is the BEST alternative to the drug laden cough syrups!
According to Health Hype:
Honey soothes throats and helps calm coughs. Honey is the best alternative to the drug laden cough syrups. Honey has been recommended for ages by grandparents in several cultures like Indian.
A recent study findings have been published in the “Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine” on December 3, 2007. It says that the children who were given a spoonful of ‘buckwheat honey’ just before going to the bed had deep sleep and coughed less. On the other hand, children who received a dose of any generally prescribed ‘over-the-counter cough suppressant’ did not show equal results even any nearer to this level. The level of relief was no way observed in the children who did not receive any medication.
And here I am.. actively taking cough syrups for the past 4 days (all thanks to my VERY stubborn cough) and still coughing like hell when we actually have pure honey over our kitchen counter! I could have had saved a lot on those cough syrups for our movers (like the ones offered by the cross country moving companies) if only I knew about this earlier.
Au-naturel is always the best.
12th Nov 2008
I’m no expert in weight lost program, but here are some ways I did in my pursuit of ..getting lighter for Christmas.
(warning: might not work for everyone)
1) Take your other half to the shopping mall. Point at a balancing ball and make him buy you one.
2) Make him buy a pair of cheap badminton racket as well. Lure him with, “Playing games together improves our relationship better.” (it normally works)
3) Buy 1 size smaller shorts. Put them on and laugh at yourself in the mirror.
4) Skip lunch. Opt for instant oat if you’re hungry.
5) Take jamu. Swallow with pride no matter how bitter it tastes.
6) Plan a 3 nights 2 days stay at the hotels gulf shores for your anniversary in January, despite not having $$ for it. It’ll stress you, making you fall into depression and you’ll eventually start to lose weight, if not your mind.
That’s it folks. I’ll add into the list when I could think of new ideas.
29th Mar 2008
Did you know that cooking oils are safe to consume but hazardous for your face? Heh.
Hang Mioku proved it, after injecting cooking oil into her own face.
Her “new” face was grossly disfigured, it almost made me jumped out of my skin. It might scare you off too, so click ONLY if you have a strong heart.
This is how I looked like at home, from the back. (Yes, that’s my head) I don’t let my hair down, simply because it’s distracting to both me and my partner. (^_^) Kidding.
To bun your hair with a chopstick is really easy. You just need some patience to work it. I learned this from my mother – the chopstick bun that is. I do not have her patience.
Anyway, you can learn how to stick a chopstick on your hair from here.
PS: That wasn’t me on the video. I’m too vain to be in one.. hahaha